Armor Recalc Mod 1.11, 1.10.2, 1.9.4 in effect replaces the outdated Forge damage calculation with the new vanilla one. This should really be fixed in forge it’s self but has not been and looks to not to be on the list of things to do remotely soon and the fixes I’ve seen for it would still ignore nbt set armor and toughness as well as non armor items or potion effects that can add armor or toughness.
If you want to use the new vanilla armor changes with any form of mods until forge gets around to fixing it a mod like this one is the only way.
Armor Recalc Mod Installation
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.