Aquaculture Mod 1.10.2, 1.9.4, 1.7.10 is an expansion of Minecraft’s fishing system. In Aquaculture you never know what you’ll catch. Every biome is home to tons of unique fish you can only catch in that biome, and there’s a myriad of new loot items you can randomly catch while fishing. All of this is made possible by simply crafting the Iron Fishing Rod.
The Iron Fishing Rod
This new shiny addition is a gateway to your journey into Aquaculture! Simply crafting it will enable all the features of the mod.
Aquaculture Mod adds 32+ new fish and 12+ fishable loot items! For the mostpart Aquaculture sticks to realism, the new fish are (mostly) real species that have been translated into Minecraft.
Freshwater (Forest, Plains, Extreme Hills)
- Brown Trout
- Capitaine (Nile Perch)
- Boulti (Nile Tilapia)
Arctic (Tundra, Taiga)
- Rainbow Trout
Saltwater (Beach, Ocean)
- Red Grouper
Tropical (Jungle) [Coming soon!]
Mushroom (Mushroom Island)
- Red Shrooma
- Brown Shrooma
Random Loot! (Found everywhere!)
- Seaweed/Algae [Edible!]
- Driftwood [Crafts into Planks!]
- Leather Boots
- Tin Can
- Message in a Bottle [Right click to reveal a message!]
- Treasure Chest [These three all contain random loot!]
- Goldfish [Crafts into Gold Nuggets!]
- Neptunium Bar [2-3x stronger than Diamond!]
Note: If you are using a mod that adds new biomes or are fishing in a biome that doesn’t have specific fish, it will default to Freshwater Fish, meaning technically this mod is compatible with any other Biome adding mod there is!
- Driftwood + Workbench = 4 Planks
- 2 Iron + Stick + 2 String + Workbench = Iron Fishing Rod
- 2 Gold + Stick + 2 String + Workbench = Gold Fishing Rod
- 2 Diamonds + Stick + 2 String = Workbench = Diamond Fishing Rod
- (Any Fish) + Workbench = Raw Fish Fillet
- Raw Fish Fillet + Furnace = Cooked Fish Fillet (Restores 2.5 marks of Hunger)
- Squid + Workbench = Ink Sac
- Whale + Workbench = 5x Whale Steaks
- Whale Steak + Furnace = Cooked Whale Steaks
- Goldfish + Workbench = Gold Nugget
- Boot + Workbench = Leather
- Tin Can + Furnace = Iron Bar
- Efficiency – Fish bite more often
- Appealing – Catch more fish
- Magnetic – Catch more loot
- Unbreaking – Chance not to consume durability on cast
- Longcast – Fishing Rod casts farther
- Shortcast – Fishing Rod casts closer
- Double Hook – Chance to catch two fish instead of one
- Barbed Hook – Catch window is longer
- Heavy Line – Higher chance to higher weight
Aquaculture Mod Installation
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.