Alternate Terrain Generation Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2 (ATG) is a complete replacement for the vanilla overworld terrain generator which radically changes the way the world looks, and the way in which you will play.
Rather than picking a biome for a region and then building the terrain for that biome, ATG generates a series of fields for height, temperature, rainfall and more, in order to derive the final biome from these. The result is a smoother variation in the terrain, and biomes which would realistically be found adjacent to one another.
ATG also adds a noticeable degree of verticality to the world, and you may find flat plateaus on the sides of rolling hills as high as 150 or more, with the biggest of the snow-capped mountains potentially sporting active or extinct volcanic craters towards the upper limit of the map’s height.
How to use ATG:
When starting a new world, select the “ATG – Alternate” world type in the settings.
For dedicated servers, set the “level-type” in server.properties to ATG. You’ll need to start a new world after that, because the level-type is only considered when creating an entirely new world save folder.
Alternate Terrain Generation Mod Installation:
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.