AbyssalBlocks Mod 1.10.2, 1.9.4 was created for Tedyhere to use in some modpack (likely for the purpose of making someone’s experience a living hell all of a sudden), but that doesn’t stop anyone else from experiencing random things that either bring good or simply makes you flip a table and throw your computer out the window.
The AbyssalBlocks use a RNG (Random Number Generator) to pick a number between 0 and 100 (about equal to rolling a 100-sided dice), which it uses to select a category (there’s 10 categories, where 10 most likely will give you something good while 1 has a pretty high probability of either butchering you, your animals or the area where you broke the AbyssalBlock) from which it then selects a random trigger that it then runs. The triggers can be pretty much anything (but at this point they’re somewhat generic). Some triggers you may encounter are:
- A entity/a few entities spawning
- A Ritual Altar with pedestals is assembled (only happens in dimensions where rituals can be performed)
- A random structure is generated (structures found in AbyssalCraft can be found here, except the larger buildings)
- An item from a loot pool (like dungeon chests, strongholds, mineshafts, pyramids, even the bonus chest)
- An item from one of the AbyssalCraft loot pools (Abyssal Stronghold, Dreadlands Mineshaft)
- A random number of items from a loot pool (minimum 1, maximum 4)
- A structure from a schematic is generated (more about this further down)
- You receive some free Potential Energy (if you have a Necronomicon in your inventory)
- A couple of different entities spawn in masses
- A Potion Effect is applied to all entities within a certain radius of the block
- A random Disruption is activated
- You’re suddenly pulled into the Dark Realm
- An Antimatter explosion is thrown at you
- A Shoggoth infestation is triggered
- A judgement day-scaled Shoggoth infestation is triggered
There will likely be more types of triggers later on, and there’s also an API you (or a mod developer you persuade) can use to add your own triggers (alternatively you can use existing ones, but with your own stuff).
AbyssalBlocks Mod Installation
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.